True art is hard to find and these days all the best artists are too "non-conformist" to even allow their art to be sold. ( Is that a girl or a guy? I can't tell)But, sometimes there comes along someone who's message aims to do nothing more than create thought and poke fun at the insanity of our perfectly sane world. I'm talking of course of a street artist known only as "Banksy."
For almost a decade now, Banksy's art has been popping up all over Britain in the form of graffiti murals, phrases, and dramatizations that utilize existing objects and sends powerful messages about the issues of our time. The man is so secretive that almost no-one knows who he really is. He's been caught on tape a few times and many people claim to know his real name but the effort he's taken to remain annonymous is astounding to me. ( I mean look at all the effort I make, shit) The man even managed to sneak his own piece of "prehistoric" art into the British Museum and the museum decided to keep it!
My favorite of course is the stunt he pulled by replacing hundreds of Paris Hilton CD's with his own work. I think this dude has a crush or something cause he also painted these...
Anyway, I think this guy is something else and I'd sure as hell pay for some of his shit, cause I'm materialistic and I'd want everyone to know how cool and hip I am. Check out the official Banksy Website for more. And with that I'll leave you with some more cool shit to look at:Always trying to be more often,
Bloom


No comments:
Post a Comment