Saturday, November 8, 2008

Blooms in the News

What it is Nation? What's up? Can a Bloom just keep in touch?

Where have I been. I don't know. It's like a relationship that ends the day after you buy your first bottle of lube together. Is it a coincidence or was it too weird? Hard to say.

Anyway, I've been pretty detached from this whole internet personality thing. Busy as ever with the Bloom-vine creation of a new and better Nation. Making it happen as never before, the life of this entrepreneur has never been more intense: There are so many great new topics to discuss, like the Quest for Foodbringers or the Axiomization of Awesomation. I hope the time to share will come soon but for now it's better we keep it on the "hush-hush."

But, there are a great many things that we can do with our time here today so, thanks to a colleague of Awesomation in the "Windy City," I was shown this recent New York Times article about, of course, Bloom Energy, a green-tech endeavor funded by venture capital monsters Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, does Google ring a bell?

Originating from research done in a town near and dear to my heart, Chattanooga, TN, the Bloom box ( no shit ) is truly a genius Lifestyle Conservative innovation and it has a super sweet name.
Over the past two and a half years, engineers at the University of Tennessee in Chattanooga have been testing a five-kilowatt Bloom box, which looks like a squat refrigerator and produces about as much electricity as a typical home requires. And at this point there seems little doubt that the idea K. R. Sridhar pitched to Kleiner in 2001 has become a high-functioning machine.
I'm inspired by ideas and progressive entrepreneurs like these that strive to make the capitalistic ideals be the true engines for innovation and social development in our world. Take pause, the next Bloom in the news is likely to be one more familiar.

Always ,

Bloom

No comments: