Recognizing fate as a series of choices you make throughout life allows the opportunities for you to choose at all. I see people burning through their lives on autopilot because they're only concern is what comes next. I never want to be the type of person who gets suckered into studying my life away in my twenties for degrees to prove I'm worth a damn? I thought graduating college was supposed to be a release from the burdens of self actualization and you were expected to float out on to the land of opportunity with your frat t-shirt collection and a resume of half assed charity promotions under you belt. What's the fucking deal with all these new educational hurtles people want to throw at us? Like I can't possibly manage to run the world without a Masters in the art of institutional bullshitting.
I don't care much for tests and studying. I'm more of doer, I guess. Knowledge and skill are what you enjoy and not what you're just expected to spit back on a legal pad. But still, thousands of us choose to carry on through degree after degree where we learn half of the skills that we could learn by actually going out and doing what we want to do. Start a business, play music, sell Flan on the sidewalk. Whatever it is you really want to do, you can't learn it in school for $20,000 a semester. You've got to make it happen. If you don't know what I'm talking about, then maybe you need another year or two putzing around in your flip flops huckin' a bee on the U.C. front Lawn or fighting for the preservation of Australian pygmy colonies. Or maybe you need another year of field research for you thesis on the sexual proclivities of college freshman.
Choose wisely,
Bloom

No comments:
Post a Comment