Friday, April 25, 2008

Preservatives Got Me Down

Do you ever really notice the things there are to eat these days. I myself am a fanatic for flavor tasting fun but when you take a good hard look at our lives and what we actually are eating you may start to think we're living in a world surrounded by crap. Literally.
Cheap food is a marvel of American culture. We can get it just about anywhere in large quantities and boy does it taste... mediocre. High sodium, nutrient deprived, and packed with preservatives, most of the stuff we shovel in doesn't seem a whole lot better than what we're pushing out. And if the going out part's rough for you, you may start to realize why when you look at the ingredients of that box of frozen burgers you just bought. What I'm getting at is this. Food today is more science than product. Your a walking lab rat for the evolution of what the next generation will be able to withstand ingesting when come 50 years from now GE decides to claim the U.S. by taking over Mount Rushmore and shoving a light bulb in George Washington's mouth. And I tell you, the market for medicated wipes is looking like a lucrative place to be these days.

There are just so many options to choose from when it comes to eating that its hard to avoid these preservative creations that are tearing us apart, internally. Everything from cereal to fruit these days is preserved in some way, and if you're buying in bulk, forget it. I'd rather eat off the floor of a frat house then eat what's in their kitchen. But wait.... here comes Wal-Mart to show us bumpkins how to eat good. Sure I think it's a start in the right direction, but realistically, organic Doritos are going to suck ass and I'd rather take my slow and painful death with flavorful delight.

Regardless of your proclivity for deodorant (Disclaimer: that's a hippy joke), if I can embolden you to do a few things in life its not to hold back on anything, especially when it comes to trying new food, but in all respect, eat smart. There's a lot of bad shit out there and your body really just doesn't need it. A glass or two of iced Yerba Mate is my favorite way of staying healthy and hydrated this time of year. And I'll tell you this, some real fruits here and there can help you out too, especially with the  flavor servings I like to provide. 

Easy on your insides.
Always goes down smooth,

Bloom

No comments: