This creature, the Foodbringer, is a species which I've sought for some time. We all have at
some point. The Foodbringer is an essential key to happiness as it represents the notion that we are being taken care of. Of course they come in all shapes and sizes, forms and functions, sexes and ages. But their quintessential purpose is the same: They bring us food and they bring it with love.Be it the sandwich that is built just right, the flambet prepared to perfection, or the reheated leftovers just because, a Foodbringer is one who knows the meaning of a meal brought just for you. Of course there are numerous ways to "bring" but the meaning of it is the same. To be a Foodbringer is the truest display of devotion to another and one which speaks stronger than any poem or bouquet. And that is why, for all their efforts, the Foodbringers are among the most revered of our kind.
I've spent my life on the quest for a Foodbringer of my own. I've encountered many on my travels and I've learned a great deal about what it means to share in the bounty of our hearth. But a true Foodbringer cannot be summoned out of thin air. It takes trust and compassion for another to bestow gifts of food, especially when none was requested but was truly desired. That type of committment takes a special connection and to gain that is the greatest of life's goals. My Foodbringer is out there, I hope. Is yours?
Bringing my own,
Bloom
No comments:
Post a Comment